Sunday, September 11, 2011

Simply Magnificent Or Simply Insane

When we arrived in the States, it was not on our agenda to go to San Antonio to look at a blockmaker.  When we went to San Antonio, it was not on our agenda to go to Rockford, Illinois.  We have learned to be flexible no matter where we are. We have enjoyed the side trips.

After we looked at the machine in Rockford, we spent the night in Chicago.  Friday morning, after we had a sweet roll and a cup of coffee, we took a nice walk.  We walked along Lake Michigan and Lakeshore Drive.  And we walked part of Michigan Avenue, known to some as the Miracle Mile.  I am no shopper, so it was not such a huge miracle to me.  We just walk and look.  I walk around with my mouth open looking like the small town girl I am.  I take a lot of pictures of the big city.

As we walked, we saw the most unbelievable sign.  You may have to double click on the picture to see what this says.

I cannot imagine spending that much money on a one bedroom condo.  Not even one with a lake view.  How many block houses could be built for that much money?  How many children could be taken off the streets of Tegucigalpa?  Or out of the dump?  How many Bibles could be purchased so the good news of Jesus can be shared?  How many hungry people in Chicago could be fed?

Terri

1 comment:

Star Ferdinand said...

Terri, I am so "with you" on this. I think God must be heartbroken over the amount of money people spend on luxury items when all around them and all around the world are people who are literally starving from lack of food and lack of love from God's people. It is my firm belief that God's people have all the money and other resources needed to take care of everyone in need around the world, but we don't do it. Obviously, I don't mean that nobody does it, but the Western church as a whole seems to have turned a deaf ear to the cries of the poor.

Fortunately, God hears their cries. I, for one, will not be ashamed to answer when God asks me how I used the resources he gave me. I pray that my Christian brothers and sisters will not be ashamed either.

Star Ferdinand
Missionary to Honduras