Thursday, September 22, 2011

Going To The Movie

I am not a big a movie person.  It has been a long time since I have seen a movie.  To the best of recollection, it has been five years since I have paid to see a movie.  I don't know the movies currently being shown, nor do I know many of the actors and actresses.  But I read "The Help" and I decided I wanted to see the movie.  Nicole saw it and said it was good.  A few other people said it was good, therefore, making my desire to see it even stronger.

My time here in the States is rapidly coming to an end and still many things to accomplish.  I managed to carve out the time to go to Amarillo this afternoon to the movie.  Janet and I left this morning around 10:30 so we could catch the 12:15 matinee.  Suffice it to say, I was shocked when the matinee cost $5.75.  A piece.  I was more shocked when I realized that was the senior discount for the matinee.  (I know, in some places, I now qualify for the senior discount.  It was just the first time I had received it and seen it printed on the ticket.)  I did not even want to know what the full price of a movie was.  That may be one reason it has been so long since I have been to the movie theater.  I bought the tickets and Janet bought the snacks. 

Sticker shock on the cost of the tickets was nothing compared to the sticker shock on the price of coke and popcorn.  I definitely got the better end of the deal buying the tickets.  Janet insisted I did not want the small popcorn, that it was about one handful.  I think she was right.  She bought the large popcorn and we shared.  I love movie popcorn, so this was a real treat to have that much popcorn.  We ate most of it before the movie even started.

I think I liked the book better.  I always do.  But the movie was good.  And, I so enjoyed the day with my sister-in-law.

Another great day in the USA.

Terri

No comments: