Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Los Pinos

In 2003, I was part of the team that built a church building in Los Pinos.  That summer as we built, we were able to watch many baptisms.  That church has continued to thrive and grow.  And, has even planted a church where there has been 33 baptisms this summer. 

We have not worked in Los Pinos much in the last few years.  Yesterday two houses were built in Los Pinos and a medical clinic conducted in the church building.  Friday, there will be a food give away.  Nicole and I went to the church building to take some zip-locs to the doctors.

Los Pinos is still as impoverished as ever.  There is still hundreds of kids running around every where.  But the church is thriving and growing.  But the road to get there is much improved.

It has been a long time since I have been up there.  The people in the church have improved their building considerably.  I was happy to see that.  As usual, the church yard was a beehive of activity.  The clinic was being well-run and was of the most organized clinics I have ever seen.  The doctors were able to see over 200 people yesterday.

I talked to Yoselin.  Her family is still struggling just to bet by.  A little help was provided.  Linda is in high school.  I think I found someone that will sponsor Linda's high school so she can finish.  I got another Humano Y Santo Bible study started.  Michelle, I am going to need more books.

Nicole and I were not there long.  But, it was good for my soul to be in Los Pinos for a bit.  To see the church building.  To hear the happy sounds of children playing. And, to feel God's love as it is being shared.



No comments: