Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Staffing Issues

As of last week, Karen has been at Casa de Esperanza for five years. Five and a half years ago, we did not even know Karen. I frequently say that God put together a good team for this place. Our strengths and weaknesses complement each other quite well and we are able to accomplish much more together than either one of us could alone. Her strengths are my weaknesses and my strenghts are her weaknesses. Often, we are called to cover for each other and both of us can do that.

I know Karen manages well with the kids. I know she does a lot of things around here. This week while she is out because her foot is in a cast, I am learning just how much she has to deal with the staffing issues. Our staff pretty much has a set schedule. They all have vacation time. Someone needs a day of vacation. Someone wants to trade with someone else. Someone has class this week when she is scheduled to work.

My head was spinning when I left there a few minutes ago. I hope I have enough staff on Thursday and Friday. I think I do, but like I said, my head was spinning.

Karen, you do a great job, not only with the kids, but managing the staff as well.

Terri

No comments: