Saturday, March 19, 2011

You Never Know What Might Be Required In A Day

Today I had kid duty.  I did not mind that; I love those kids. 

Before lunch, I saw a chicken run across the yard and I knew it was not one of our chickens.  A few minutes after that, a lady came to the gate and asked if she could come in and get her chicken.  She was apologizing for her chicken coming on to our property.  I don't really know how she could have stopped it.

The lady was rather large and could not move too quickly.  Antonio and I began to chase this chicken.  I can honestly say that was a first for me.  We were not too successful in catching the chicken.  That chicken was fast.  Antonio finally  ran the chicken off the property back toward its home.  The lady left. 

Antonio and I started laughing.  In a few minutes the chicken came back and Antonio chased him off again.

Every day is a brand new experience.

Terri

No comments: